On March 27, 2020, the Government of Finland enacted movement restrictions on entry to and departure from the Uusimaa region. These restrictions will be in effect for the period of March 28 to April 19, 2020. The official announcement may be viewed on the Government of Finland’s website. The Police of Finland have provided additional guidance.
The Embassy recommends that U.S. citizens entering the Uusimaa region to depart from Helsinki Vantaa airport be prepared to show their tickets or reservation confirmation.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Finland.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
· U.S. Embassy Helsinki
Itäinen Puistotie 14B
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Finland Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.