U.S. Embassy Helsinki sponsors a variety of international exchange programs each year, in conjunction with the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA). These exchanges are designed to enhance mutual understanding between the people of the U.S. and other nations.
The Department of State is committed to supporting alumni by providing resources that will help them to build upon their exchange experience.
U.S. government-sponsored (USG) exchange program participants and alumni living in Finland have a number of opportunities to be involved in post-exchange activities, as well as receive access to specialized resources such as:
Events organized by the U.S. Embassy
Participation in Alumni associations
Other opportunities, including guest lectures and seminars
Who is an alumnus(a)?
You are an alumnus(a) of a USG exchange program if you have participated in at least one of the following programs:
International Visitor Leadership Program
Voluntary Visitor Program
Study of the U.S. Institute for Scholars
Study of the U.S. Institute for Secondary School Educators
Fusion Arts Exchange Program
Eisenhower Fellowship Program
- Benjamin Franklin Transatlantic Fellows Program
- E-teacher Scholarship Program
- Young Ambassadors Summer Exchange Program
Online Global Community for Alumni
International Exchange Alumni is the State Department’s official website for alumni of exchange programs sponsored by the U.S. government. The International Exchange Alumni online community recognizes the achievements of exchange alumni and provides them access to exclusive benefits including:
- Funding: Access $33 billion in grant opportunities.
- Networking: connect with more than 100,000 global alumni already registered on the website and chat with VIP guests during regular Digital Dialogue webchats.
- Digital Library: Want to read the New York Times newspaper online or listen to it in 12 different languages? Now you can, as well as 20,000 other magazines and periodicals!
Alumni are encouraged to register for the site and gain access to these membership benefits. Only verified alumni of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs are able to access these benefits. More information from the International Exchange Alumni website.