The ODC is a subordinate unit of the U.S. European Command (EUCOM) that facilitates U.S. and Finnish defense cooperation activities. We provide a bridge between U.S. and Finnish militaries and defense sectors in order to enhance partnerships, maintain close cooperation, and increase interoperability between our nations and NATO.
Our office address is: Eteläinen Makasiinikatu 8, Helsinki.
The ODC achieves its mission by:
- Supporting the U.S. European Command (EUCOM J5), the U.S. Ambassador, the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, and the Office of the Secretary of Defense;
- Representing U.S. defense interests in Finland through security assistance, cooperative armament programs and foreign military sales;
- Assisting U.S. government and industry in cooperative armaments Research & Development efforts;
- Identifying off-the-shelf equipment or developments that may satisfy U.S. operational requirements;
- Increasing standardization and interoperability of weapons and munitions;
- Facilitating U.S. government and industry participation in international trade shows;
- Ensuring U.S. technology security through end-use monitoring procedures
- ODC Chief: Major Daniel Benson
- Training Manager/Budget Analyst: Ms. Geraldine Bush
- Foreign Military Sales Program Manager: Mr. Richard Hernigle
- Air Force Programs Coordinator: Siobhán Toveri
Contact Us for Defense Import / Export / Foreign Military Sales / Military Education & Training / Agreements
From USA: Contact US Embassy, Finland switchboard through: +358-9-616-250