U.S. Embassy Helsinki will be sending a daily update to ensure all US citizens in Finland have the latest information about COVID19 and local conditions. Updated information will be prefaced with (NEW). If different or additional information would be useful, please email us with your suggestions at HelsinkiACS@state.gov.
(NEW) International commercial flight options currently exist in Finland. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government does not currently anticipate arranging repatriation flights in Finland at this time.
International commercial flights continue to depart Helsinki-Vantaa airport and Mariehamn airport. U.S. citizens seeking to depart Finland should work with the airlines to arrange travel. Departing U.S. citizens should monitor the entry and exit requirements of any third country they are transiting, available on the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Information page for that country.
The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare has confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Finland.
Effective March 17, U.S. Embassy Helsinki has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Notice for Finland.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Finland.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
· U.S. Embassy Helsinki
Itäinen Puistotie 14B
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Finland Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.