Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Helsinki, Finland (July 20, 2020)
Event: Health Alert
U.S. Embassy Helsinki will be sending a weekly update to ensure all US citizens in Finland have the latest information about COVID19 and local conditions. Updated information will be prefaced with (NEW). If different or additional information would be useful, please email us with your suggestions at HelsinkiACS@state.gov .
International commercial flights continue to depart Helsinki-Vantaa airport and Mariehamn airport. U.S. citizens seeking to depart Finland should work with the airlines to arrange travel. Departing U.S. citizens should monitor the entry and exit requirements of any third country they are transiting, available on the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Information page for that country.
The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare has confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Finland.
The Embassy has resumed limited regular American citizens services, including Passport applications and renewals, and Consular Reports of Birth Abroad applications. This is in addition to our continuing emergency services. To schedule services, please access our U.S. Citizen Services website. Please note that, due to limited operations at the U.S. printing facilities, customers may experience longer-than-usual processing times, as set for in the Passport Services announcement of July 16, 2020. To maintain social distancing for the health and safety of our customers and staff, applicants should arrive on time for their appointments. Applicants should not expect to be admitted early, and may be required to reschedule if they arrive late.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Notice for Finland.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Finland.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
· U.S. Embassy Helsinki
Itäinen Puistotie 14B
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Finland Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.