Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Helsinki, Finland (June 15, 2020)
Event: Health Alert
U.S. Embassy Helsinki will be sending a weekly update to ensure all US citizens in Finland have the latest information about COVID19 and local conditions. Updated information will be prefaced with (NEW). If different or additional information would be useful, please email us with your suggestions at HelsinkiACS@state.gov.
(NEW) Beginning June 15, 2020, the Government of Finland’s new border restrictions have gone into effect, which include allowing unrestricted travel between Finland and Norway, Denmark, Iceland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Border traffic from other countries, including the United States, remains limited to essential traffic. Additional information on current restrictions is available from the Finnish Border Guard.
International commercial flights continue to depart Helsinki-Vantaa airport and Mariehamn airport. U.S. citizens seeking to depart Finland should work with the airlines to arrange travel. Departing U.S. citizens should monitor the entry and exit requirements of any third country they are transiting, available on the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Information page for that country.
The Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare has confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Finland.
Effective March 17, U.S. Embassy Helsinki has suspended routine consular services. For emergency American Citizens Services, including emergency passports, please visit our website for additional information.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 3 Travel Notice for Finland.
Actions to Take:
· Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
· For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
· Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
· Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
· Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Finland.
· Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
· U.S. Embassy Helsinki
Itäinen Puistotie 14B 00140 Helsinki Finland +358-9-616-250
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Finland Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.
· Follow us on Facebook and Twitter