International commercial flights continue to depart Helsinki-Vantaa airport and Mariehamn airport. U.S. citizens seeking to depart Finland should work with the airlines to arrange travel. Departing U.S. citizens should monitor the entry and exit requirements of any third country they are transiting, available on the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 Information page for that country.
The Police of Finland have published updated guidance, clarifying that U.S. citizens may travel from outside of the Uusimaa region to depart through the Helsinki Vantaa Airport. Travelers should be prepared to show documentation of the travel reservation and should not be accompanied by non-travelers. The Police of Finland recommend traveling to the airport by public transportation.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Finland.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
· U.S. Embassy Helsinki
Itäinen Puistotie 14B
· State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
· Finland Country Information
· Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts.