Application period for the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) for Fiscal Year 2022 is now closed.
The U.S. Embassy Finland supports a variety of projects through its Small Grants Program, which is designed to support eligible organizations and individuals in the implementation of programs advancing U.S.-Finnish relations. The Embassy is now accepting proposals for projects with a start date before December 31, 2022. Proposals ranging from $2,000 to $20,000 will be considered. Deadline for submitting a proposal: March 15, 2022. The Embassy welcomes proposals from all over Finland, including projects outside of Helsinki. The Embassy uses a two-step process to receive small grant applications.
The U.S. Embassy Finland is particularly, but not exclusively, interested in proposals focused on the following themes:
- Increasing cooperation between Arctic states and communities
- Increasing collaboration and exchange between American and Finnish students and teachers
- Promoting diversity and inclusion
- Promoting economic prosperity, entrepreneurship, and innovation
- Addressing climate change and changing environmental conditions
- Addressing global security challenges and increasing understanding of NATO policy
Examples of PDS Small Grants Programs include, but are not limited to:
- Programs and outreach activities highlighting shared values and human rights.
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars, and speaker programs.
- Youth leadership and skills development programs.
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances, and exhibitions.
More information and detailed instructions available on our Small Grants webpage.