The ODC is a subordinate unit of the U.S. European Command (EUCOM) that facilitates U.S. and Finnish defense cooperation activities. We provide a bridge between U.S. and Finnish militaries and defense sectors in order to enhance partnerships, maintain close cooperation, and increase interoperability between our nations and NATO.
The ODC achieves its mission by:
- Supporting the U.S. European Command (EUCOM J5), the U.S. Ambassador, the Defense Security Cooperation Agency, and the Office of the Secretary of Defense;
- Representing U.S. defense interests in Finland through security assistance, cooperative armament programs and foreign military sales;
- Assisting U.S. government and industry in cooperative armaments Research & Development efforts;
- Identifying off-the-shelf equipment or developments that may satisfy U.S. operational requirements;
- Increasing standardization and interoperability of weapons and munitions;
- Facilitating U.S. government and industry participation in international trade shows;
- Ensuring U.S. technology security through end-use monitoring procedures.
Contact us for Defense Import / Export / Foreign Military Sales / Military Education & Training / Agreements through the U.S. Embassy Finland switchboard: +358-9-616-250.