December 7, 2018
Location: Finland, countrywide
Event: During the holiday season we remind U.S. citizens in Finland to remain vigilant due to ongoing threats posed by transnational terrorist organizations and individuals inspired by extremist ideology throughout Europe. Extremists continue to focus on tourist locations, including holiday markets, shopping malls, airports, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, transportation hubs, and other soft targets frequented by Westerners.
Actions to Take:
- Exercise additional vigilance at holiday festivals and events, places of worship, and locations with large crowds.
- Review your personal security plans.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Monitor local media for updates.
For further information:
- U.S. Embassy Helsinki, Finland
- State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444