U.S. Citizen Services

Please note that at this time, we have very limited capacity to address inquiries by phone. The answers to most questions can be found on our website, including:

If you have a question about a passport, report of birth abroad (CRBA) or notary that is not answered on our website, you will receive the fastest response by emailing us at HelsinkiACS@state.gov. We aim to respond within five business days if the information is not available on our website.

If you are an U.S. citizen in distress, call the main Embassy number at +358-9-616-250 and select 0.

For non-emergency matters, please email us at HelsinkiACS@state.gov.

Alerts and Messages

See all Messages and Alerts for U.S. Visitors to Finland.