Consular fees can be paid with major credit/debit cards in U.S. dollars or Euros.
APPLICATION BY MAIL: When applying by mail DO NOT SEND CASH. The Embassy cannot be held responsible for cash received or for returning cash balances. Due to a change in local banking procedures, the United States Embassy in Helsinki is no longer able accept deposit bank checks (Pankkivekseli). We do not accept personal checks. Unfortunately, this means that payment for consular fees must be made in person at the Embassy.
How to pay:
- If you cannot come to the Embassy to pay yourself, a friend or relative may come to the Embassy to make payment for you.
- The fee is the same for renewal by mail even though you or someone you know will be coming to the Embassy.
- If you should choose to have someone pay on your behalf, please schedule an appointment in that person’s name.
- You may send your application to the embassy through the mail separately or it may be delivered to the embassy with the appointment to pay the fee.
- You can pay by credit/debit card (Euro or USD). The card must be open for international transactions.
We realize that this is an inconvenience for our passport customers who qualify to submit application by mail, and we apologize for the extra burden this may cause. We are searching for a solution to make passport payment easier.
For passport renewal by mail, please see the requirements for this service.
We do not accept any personal checks.
Fees are effective from July 25, 2022. Payment is accepted in U.S. Dollars or the equivalent amount in Euros. You may also consult the Department of State’s Passport Fee Calculator for further information and guidance on passport fees, as well as changes to the official schedule of fees.
|Passports for minors under the age of 16 ( Use Form DS-11)||$135 or €135.00|
|Passports renewed by mail (Use Form DS-82)||$130 or €130.00|
|All other passport applications except change of name||$165 or €165.00|
|Change of name requested within one year after issuance of passport||NO FEE|
|Change of name requested more than one year after issuance of passport||$130 or €130.00|
|Passport card, Adult||$30 or €30.00|
|Passport card and Passport book, Adult||$160 or €160.00|
|Passport card, minor (under 16 years of age)||$15 or €15.00|
|Passport card and passport book for minor (under 16 years of age)||$150 or €150.00|
|Consular Report of Birth Abroad||$100 or €100.00|
|Consular Report of Birth and U.S. Passport||$235 or €235.00|