Immigrant Visas: Fiancé(e) Visa

The fiancé(e) K-1 nonimmigrant visa is for the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) of a U.S. citizen. The K-1 visa permits the foreign-citizen fiancé(e) to travel to the United States and marry his or her U.S. citizen sponsor within 90 days of arrival. You can learn more about fiancé(e) visas on

K Visa Processing Update (November 27, 2020): K-1 visa applicants who are named plaintiffs in Milligan v. Pompeo should email HelsinkiIV(at) for guidance on scheduling a visa interview. (This update does not apply to K-1 visa applicants who are not named plaintiffs. Please continue checking our website for updates.)